Go to heaven. Go directly to heaven. Do not pass purgatory. Do not collect $43

The more I think about this, the more it sounds like a bad idea. Seems like that means I need to plunge in and post something.
I do not recall exactly what prompted me to make this. Given the handwriting and the stratum where it was excavated, I'd assume the creator was perhaps seven. Perhaps it was a means of coping with death? Perhaps a "fun" exercise in CCD (for those unaware: the Catholic equivalent to Sunday School) meant to distract from the whole camel/needle discussion? Who knows - either way, it seems surprisingly cynical in hindsight if you can disregard for a moment that a child made it.

There's some irony to be found here because the stain that the sale of indulgences left on Church history was part of why I left. This reads like a scam, anyway - any amount of research would reveal that Heaven Is Free.

Comments