No Thanks, I'm Stuffed

New rule: no more posts on school days. (These take surprisingly long to pick out a suitable bit of rubbish and talk about it.)
This is among the only original game concepts I've had (yes, I'm using "original" loosely). Almost everything else I drew levels for was a "two" or a "three." This game was called "No Beignets Today" for complex sociopolitical reasons you mortals would not understand, but suffice it to say that I've never had a beignet in my life and I had to look up what one looks like. Aeons ago, when this world was but dust, I asked my abyss-mother what a beignet was. She of course said nothing, as there was not yet a physical medium through which my voice could travel. However, she did form some of her tendrils into an approximate square shape; thus, when paper was invented, I created this travesty, in which all beignets are perfectly square until exposed to sewage, and you have to pick them all up before the world ends. Or something.
This doesn't seem to be the original incarnation of this idea. I recall the very first version had chefs that came and attacked you, except I didn't draw an entire chef in those tiny squares. Who could do that? Instead I drew a chef's hat, which is passable as a symbol, but then I just went along with the idea of a hat bouncing along and killing you in one hit. (Let's assume terrible balancing, for the sake of anti-hubris.) There was also another incarnation after this one that was couched in the most arbitrary and pointless fanfic premise possible. I'd dig that up, but I know for a fact that it's in the back of a notebook, of which I have approximately 47,000.

Comments