That's a Fender Bender



If you think about it at length, there's no good reason for anyone to like toy trains at all. (This is true about anything one thinks about at length, but let's not think about that.) They just go around a defined track. Nonsense. And perhaps one opens or closes a drawbridge with one hand - how unrealistic. Not to mention, adults who have any interest in model trains are the most unlovable goatwankers in the multiverse, so giving a child a train is basically tantamount to getting them addicted to heroin. Hell, I think this is a vastly unfair portrayal of train aficionados, but that's only because I'm an evil nerdy type who recognizes that people can enjoy categorically disparate things, an understanding which is truly blasphemous and for which I must be burnt.

I can only assume that the appeal of trains is inculcated by a shadowy council also intent on ascribing a je ne sais quoi to the likes reading books where things actually happen and don't have the same dreary voice as every other book. But, given the way things are going right now and the sorts of monstrosities allowed to freely operate in the light and call for genocide in public, I think I'm actually on the Train Illuminati's side.

As anyone who knows anything about anything would know, the color and design of those train cars exactly matches up with the cars in Train Town, but of course that goes without saying. Now there's a game worth reinstalling to see how well it holds up against the tides of nostalgia. Somewhere I probably still have graph-paper sketches for unmade levels in This Game Is Definitely Not Based On Train Town Please Don't Sue Me, that may end up on this blog if I can track them down and I have an inspirationless day.

As for the coloration of that engine, it's anyone's guess where I sourced that or whether I made it up.
Just for completionism's sake, here's the back of the same page, in the worst quality possible. From context, I'd assume this to be a railroad design, but exactly what is what... no clue. It certainly doesn't look Train Town-y (not getting into that game's unusual ideas about geometry here) but I'm unsure exactly what map notation (real or imagined) or other game this might be based on. (Any ideas?)

Comments